Thursday, March 31, 2011

An apology...

Hi all,
This post is an apology to Carl and his family.
When I wrote my last entry I was expressing alot about how I personally felt about what has happened here in rotuma, without thinking that what I wrote might offend anyone. I tend to get carried away when expressing my feeling and thoughts, and should have been conscious that some things aren't apropriate to publish on the internet for anyone to read.
I also failed to aknowledge that altho what Carl's couzins did was really bad, they did do alot of good too, and they too sacrificed alot of their time and energy in helping Carl persue his dream. They're not all bad, and I do know that... what I wrote came from a place of anger, and I should have kept it to myself.
So mainly to Carl and his mum, I am truely sorry, and have learnt a good lesson from this...
X N

4 comments:

  1. ..awareness is the greatest force of change..love your courage..

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are apologizing for telling the truth in a personal blog? some of Carl's family members messed up and you shared it with your dearest friends. don't eat yourself up - there is nothing wrong about it. it's not as if you published this in the NYTimes. It's a personal blog. what do people expect - that you only write about how everyone is so awesome in amazing rotuma? life is complicated.

    anyhow, I hope that all issues will be mended and forgiven.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would agree with guy... though I can certainly understand their discomfort and I suppose you did rant... just a bit... good you let off steam in this fantastic personal space of yours... much love and humour to lighten the load!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No one's family is easy, I suppose. Perhaps we risk harm to ourselves, and those we love, by expecting family to live up expectations?
    Then again, if you can't have higher expectations of family - and the efforts of you and Carl demonstrate how much you both care and give - then who can you expect more from?
    Culture aside, we all must work for our own betterment, and we all must act in such as way as earn honour and respect. Support and love from my family and I to all of yours!

    ReplyDelete